[nos-bbs] JNOS (WIN32 / native windows) available to play with ...

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:39:15 EST 2013

> http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/news
>
> have any problems please contact me directly (contact
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

It's always something.   Apparently something (inSSIder?) has
installed a different version of winpcap.    The new 4.0.1 install
won't run because an existing 'newer' version is on the machine.  How
it things 4.0.0.1040 is newer is an amusing mystery.

I've found \windows\system32\packet.dll with right click properies
showing the name WinPcap and version 4.0.0.1040.

JNOS starts to run but crashes when it can't find WinPCap.   Next step
is to move the 4.0.0.1040 packet.dll out of the way and try installing
4.0.1 again - any other suggestions or ideas?

73
Bill, WA7NWP