[nos-bbs] WIN32 JNOS (was Re: Help With JNOS on DOS)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:34:52 EST 2013

> This nice UZ7HO program can be found here:
> http://uz7ho.org.ua/packetradio.htm

What's even more exciting - besides the new and improved UZ7HO, there
are two, maybe three or more, other new soundcard modems all with the
same agwPE interface.

This one published in the TAPR paper that looks to solve the
pre-emphasis issues:

  http://www.tau.ac.il/~stoledo/Bib/Pubs/QEX-JulAug-2012.pdf

Direwolf - which runs on any platform:

  http://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/site/

A third, I think, where some 'bit repair' is attempted.  ..

This doesn't even consider Fax-25 which did puts the AX25 in a FEC pre-packet.

My prediction is that these soundmodems are the packet of the
future...   More functions and most (all?) will run at higher speeds
like 2400 or 4800 with the same radio interface.

Speaking of soundcard radio interfaces - this USB interface looks to
be a very handy portable addition for packet:

  http://arsrepeaters.com/EchoLink_Interfaces.php

It just keeps getting better....

73
Bill - WA7NWP