[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0i and TNC2 modem - Help

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Wed Feb 6 14:10:56 EST 2013

Janusz,

I thought someone had already answered you on this topic.

Regardless, you need to do two simple things:
1)  put the TNC into KISS mode
2)  tell the TNC what KISS mode parameters you want to use.

To put the TNC into KISS mode, consult your TNC manual for the proper
command.
For a Kantronics, the command is "INTFACE KISS" followed by "RESET".  In
JNOS, this becomes

comm <interface-name> "INTFACE KISS"
pause 1
comm <interface-name> "RESET"
pause 1

Where <interface-name> is the name you assigned to the interface.

Then you need to tell the TNC what KISS mode parameters you want to used.

param <interface-name>  TxDelay <value>
param <interface-name>  Persist <value>
param <interface-name>  SlotTime <value>
param <interface-name>  FullDup <value>

Where <value> is whatever value you choose for these parameters.

Consult the JNOS documentation for more details on the above commands.

That's it.

Michael
N6MEF