[nos-bbs] POP?

Michael E. Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Dec 2 14:39:59 EST 2013

I'm curious if anyone is running POP in JNOS.  If so, I'd be interested in
as many details as you wish to share.  I suggest off list, unless anyone
else would like to see the details.

Specifically, I'm interested in the following details.  Please provide as
much insight as possible about the following:

-- usage scenario (why are you doing it?  What is the use case? )

-- importance (is this service important to a specific user set?  Why?  Or
is it just something else to play with?)

-- how many users

-- how much is it used (# messages, size of messages, how often accessed)

-- security (POP has a bad security reputation; are there any known issues?
Have you had any issues?)

-- passwords (how do you deal with setting, updating passwords for
individual users?)

-- performance (any noticeable impact on performance?)

-- other pointers (any other info you can offer that might be of help)

Thanks,

Michael

N6MEF