[nos-bbs] Forwarding with FBB

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Nov 18 13:59:51 EST 2012

Hmm.

Well, in my case, I can't reach the FBB station with RF (yet).  So I'm using
telnet.

Getting logged in isn't the problem.  They can both login to each other just
fine every time, without fail.  And sometimes short messages will forward.
But usually, the session gets hung somewhere.  Just monkeying around setting
mbox fbb to different values and doing multiple mbox kicks, I finally got a
complete forwarding session.  But only just once.  It won't repeat.

I see protocol errors with either MBOX FBB 1 or FBB 2 set.  (It's a shame we
can use the fbb with an FBB station!)  ;-)

But even with FBB 0 (or !), there ends up being some type of TCP/telnet
problem.  I haven't seen problems with telnet in 20 years.  RRR!

M.