[nos-bbs] JNOS File Areas

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sat Nov 17 13:03:31 EST 2012

Yes you can use ftp via RF. There is no size limit.

There are other protocols too. Many of the other bbs systems such as FBB or
RLI had their own file transfer methods too.

You can send binary files with no issue using all the above methods.

As to how, that depends upon your client software. If you are running xNOS
everywhere then you would simply type "ftp
remote_end_hostmane_or_ip_address" and off you go. Your machine will do all
the work for you.

Bear in mind that most packet users are restricted to 1200bd and so even
small files of 50k or so will take a while.

Mark