[nos-bbs] iptables qestion and....

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 14 23:34:57 EST 2012

If I run the command 'iptables -L', on my jnos machine (the box), it
returns:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
orange at orange:~$

In the ordinary English language sense of the word ACCEPT, I interpret
this to mean that there is no linux firewall. Is this correct? It seems
to behave in just the opposite way.

The reason I ask is because running nmap pointing at the jnos machine
(the target is the ethernet addrress), from another machine on the lan,
shows all ports closed except 631 and 22.

Help an old man out here, eh?
jerome - ve7ass