[nos-bbs] index *?

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Wed Nov 14 17:12:53 EST 2012

Can someone tell me more about the "index" command?

I read the 2 sentences in the manual.  But what does "re-establish the
indexes" mean?  In other words, what actually happens?

Also, how often should this be run?  I see people with it in the
autoexec.nos file.  But that would run it only each time JNOS is restarted.
We often go many months without restarting JNOS.  So I'm wondering if I
should schedule it to run every so often with the AT command.  And how
often?

Thanks,

Michael