[nos-bbs] TNC Constipation

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:34:54 EDT 2012

>> If you're able to connect to your TNC from a terminal emulator, send
>> the sequence to bring it out of KISS mode, reset it while in terminal
>> mode and then bring it back into KISS mode, that may work.

That's exactly what you can do in JNOS with a script and timed AT command.

> I would prefer to free up my KPC-3+ to use in the field.

Yes - the KPC's work so well as a client to Airmail...

>  I think I will be buying a TNC-X.

The other, better in my opinion, option is to use X1J in a Tiny-2 in
KISS pass through mode.   It looks like a KISS only TNC on the serial
port while retaining all the Node, Digipeater and even IP routing
functionality.

73
Bill