[nos-bbs] how to reply to a bulletin ?

Alan Sieg WB5RMG wb5rmg at somenet.net
Wed May 16 21:58:47 EDT 2012

I'm afraid that I can barely keep up with the discussion at hand,
unless of course, this is really something that should be considered
under a NNTP discussion.... maybe this really is a 'newsgroup' ala 1990.?.

area = <soapbox>

For one I have never heard or seen any reference to this abc at xyz format,
(as an area ?) let alone the questions of routing to neighboring IP-IP nodes.

Maybe I have been away tooooo long, as I have only returned to this list
for a 2 or 3 years now, and still struggle with some of the 'wormhole'
technique details...... That was only a fantasy back in the early 90s
when I ran JNOS on DOS (for ~6 years)... I figure, as much as I know about
packet and tcp/ip - it is no wonder that we have such limited success in
attracting new blood into the group.       Jus Sayn . . .

I'm all in favor of new and innovative ways to use our technology,
but if we can not keep good notes and spread the joy
 - what is it worth to anyone.?.   I see references now and then to
the JNOSwiki, but that seems to come and go. If I knew more I would
surely plow some info into such a repository. If there were an 'established'
convention/newsgroup 'Area' name/whatever . . . we will get better traction
if we focus our discussions/rants/secrets/tips into as small an area as
possible to allow the wannabes (like me) to easily find and learn from . . .
The more we spread it out, the harder it becomes to find the good stuff.

Let me encourage 'those who know' to share as much as possible.
I (and probably MANY more) would greatly appreciate any and everything
"you" can add to the knowledge base.

</soapbox>

  Hmm, I think my leftovers are ready to eat.   L8r Dudez...   /;^)

--
  #  Alan Sieg, WB5RMG since 1976
  #  http://about.me/alansieg