[nos-bbs] how to reply to a bulletin ?

Gustavo Ponza g.ponza at tin.it
Wed May 16 18:30:11 EDT 2012

The standard AX.25 PBBS have four 'Reply' options to reply
to a 'Bulletin':

1. 'Reply' = simply reply to the 'Sender'
    i.e. to: i0ojj at i0ojj.ilaz.ita.eu  [the hierarchical address]
    plus the original subject prefixed by 'Re: '
    Command: 'SR' (no action: it already exists)

2. 'Reply with text' = all as above plus the quoted text of
    original bulletin
    Proposed command: 'SR+'

3. 'Comment' = <original_area_of_interest at distribution_area>
    i.e.: jnos at ww
    the same original subject with the prefix: 'Re: '
    Proposed command: 'SRC'

4. 'Comment with text' = the same as above plus the quoted
    text of original bulletin
    Proposed command: 'SRC+'

However to manage the operations described above we need
a minimum message editor to add or delete lines on the
message body... and perhaps an external one created 'ad hoc'
could be the 'panacea' :)

Note: the 'SB' command already exists in JNOS and it is
used to send an original bulletin from my system:
i.e.: SB JNOS at WW
which is a standard command used on AX.25 PBBS too.

now it is late here...

73, gus i0ojj