[nos-bbs] JNOS in Linux terminal

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:04:14 EDT 2012

Thanks to all for the help with getting my station set up. I still am
not able to connect, but I have a list of things to try and check.

Meanwhile I've come up with a couple questions while testing.

In my autoexec.nos file I have the line: ax25 retries 3. My
understanding is that when trying to connect or otherwise pass
traffic, JNOS will retry as many times as set by that line. However
when I try to connect and fail to hear a reply, JNOS continues to
transmit beyond the set number of retries.

Similarly related, while JNOS is stuck trying to connect I have no way
to stop it other than killing the window, which in turn kills JNOS.
The one situation where this is more of a problem than an inconvience
is if there were many transmitted packets while I was trying to
connect I am unable to see if they were decoded.

Any insight?

Brett
KC9MWG