[nos-bbs] Setting up for basic packet radio

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:23:31 EDT 2012

I have listened to the packets. They don't sound quite like the rest
of them. Instead of the normal brrrrrrraaaaaaaaapppppp sound, these
sound more like mdc1200 or Kenwood's Fleetsync if you know what those
are.

I played with the txdelay setting within the tnc and all that did was
extend the length of the initial part of the packet. In other words I
cannot find that the first part of the packet is getting cut off.

I'll try to get a short recording that I can send out. I also have a
couple friends I'm going to try to get to help me see if they can
decode my packets.

I'm trying to connect to a network node most of the time. I have tried
connecting to other nodes including one running JNOS without luck.

If you could send me that file it would be one more I could look at
which can't hurt. I am running version 2.0i.

Thanks again,
Brett