[nos-bbs] JNOS version numbers

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Mar 19 18:14:48 EDT 2012

> why you are not incrementing the minor version number (letter)

Good question. I should smarten up on that I guess. I mean I am not
even using a very *long* version number. Probably should be more then
just 2.0i - to me it makes no sense to bump up the letter (in my case,
since that's all I use). Maybe it really should be changed so that it
is more like 2.0i.X, where X is the one that changes each time I do a
small change. Usually I change the letter when I put out an 'official'
release (ie, a tar file as opposed to RSYNC). Sigh ...

Time to read what the *standard* is I guess. Good point !

Maiko