[nos-bbs] more WP code and coordination of hierarchical addressing ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Mar 19 17:21:43 EDT 2012

Good afternoon (local time),

It's a start, more to do, sorry for the 'note style' documentation,
which is typical of a person who has very little time. Please have fun
with it, and please do report any issues, or dislikes, or whatever.

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/practical/wpages

While we're at it, I'd like to bring up the topic of coordination
of hierarchical addressing. I think this stuff is really cool (it
only took me 5+ years to notice it and try it out for a change),

BUT it is very dependent on people having *correct* entries in
their 'rewrite' file to send these HADDR'd destinations to where
they need to go. I mean, think about it, it just takes one system
to be improperly configured (or not configured at all) for major
loss of messages, so I'm thinking the ones that are serious about
this type of routing probably coordinate and talk to each other on
a regular basis, to make sure messages get to where they need to
go. Or do they ? I'm sure this can get interesting. Comments ?

Maiko