[nos-bbs] History recall with UP / DOWN arrow keys ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Jan 21 22:07:59 EST 2012

Michael (N6MEF) at some point wrote :

> Most important: UP-arrow to repeat last command ? I can?t count how many
> times I have to type the same command over and over (ping or beacon or smtp
> list or whatever) while testing something.  An up-arrow, return would sure
> be nice in those cases.

The UP and DOWN arrow for recalling command history has always been
in the code, and I'm sure it works for DOS versions. I looked at the
code, and I'm guessing that when it was ported to linux eons ago, it
may not have been tested very well (or at all for that matter).

The reason I say this is that in linux, keys like the arrow keys generate
a 3 byte sequence (windows apparently uses 2 byte sequences). There was no
code present in 'ttydriv.c' to handle these, so I have added the necessary
code to the RSYNC version in case anyone is eager to try it out :)

Of course history must be configured for recall to work.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM