[nos-bbs] Monitor

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Feb 26 12:04:20 EST 2012

We use the following on all of our async ports to trace to a file and send a
beacon (to have something recognizable at the top of the file).  The 1000 is
the file sync time (how often the buffer is written to the file).  I have
tested with this set to 250 (1/4 sec) with all three interfaces busy and saw
no problems.  But 1000 is sufficiently fast to make the trace useful for
live debugging, so we left it there.

trace p144 0111 ./logs/trace.p144 1000
ax25 bc p144
#
trace p220 0111 ./logs/trace.p220 1000
ax25 bc p220
#
trace p440 0111 ./logs/trace.p440 1000
ax25 bc p440

Following is the debian linux logrotate config file we use to rotates these
trace files daily.  Each rotated file is appended with the date, making it
easy to find what you're looking for.  Copytruncate is used because you're
rotating a file that JNOS has open.

# Copy to filename:  /etc/logrotate.d/jnos
# chmod 0644 /etc/logrotate.d/jnos
# chown root.root /etc/logrotate.d/jnos
#

/opt/jnos/logs/trace.p144 {