[nos-bbs] Attach Command for Dos/Win JNOS

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:35:36 EST 2012

> What attach command are you guys using to attach a KISS enabled TNC?

Several options...

Best is with LINUX, sharing the AX25 packets with the built in Linux
AX25 stack so you get all the magic of both LINUX and JNOS.  But
that's a distraction as you're talking about dos/windows.

Maiko's installer would be a good first step but apparently you're
already past that:

  http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/install/dos/

KA1FSB has some excellent NOS documentation.   This page gives
examples of using the 'attach ASY' command which is what you're going
to need.

  http://mysite.verizon.net/ka1fsb/execnos.html

DOS/Windows is a pain because there's still no good way to connect the
running JNOS virtual machine to the native Windows networking.   It
will get you going.

73
Bill - WA7NWP