[nos-bbs] Original KA9Q Nos and Kiss mode?

Andre andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Fri Feb 17 17:51:22 EST 2012

Op 17-2-2012 22:45, Chris Maness schreef:
> How did the original version of NOS talk to packet TNC's?  I don't see
> any reference to a KISS driver in the KA9Q nos manual.  I am playing
> with this version of NOS in DOSBOX.  It sees to run really well.
> Pacterm works too.  I am also using a serial to USB adapter.  This is
> working with JNOS under Linux.  I can ping and telnet into my JNOS
> BBS.  However, I don't know how to attach KA9Q's version of NOS to a
> KISS tnc.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Maness
> KQ6UP

I have looked around a bit, KA9Q's nos was developed before kiss by 2
years so that might explain it, I did find a kiss driver for dos tcp/ip
aplications that only talk to ethernet packet drivers but the webpage
for it actualy talks about being tested against a KA9Q's NOS configured
with a kiss port.
So looking a bit further it looks like the current way to connect a kiss
tnc to a nos like jnos2 or tnos is the same as it was for KA9Q's NOS
attaching an ASY interface with mode ax25:
http://www.febo.com/hamdocs/intronos.html

73 Andre PE1RDW