[nos-bbs] White Pages again ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Feb 5 13:24:19 EST 2012

Good day,

After getting a few comments from various people and making
some observations of my own, I wonder if I was a bit too hasty
to just port the TNOS code into JNOS and make an announcement
the way I did. The code certainly does some good stuff in the
background, but it appears far from *complete*. That's not a
criticism of any kind - just an observation, nothing more.

So for now, it's experimental, ie : #undef WPAGES

Thanks to everyone for their comments and information. I'm
going to go back and readup on how F6FBB does it, how W0RLI
did it, and so on, and then maybe finish it up then.

What I need to know though, is hierarchical addressing still
largely in use, even with the *newer generation* of packet
people ? A couple of people have mentioned they would like
white pages, but are they a rare few now ? I don't know.

Maiko