[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:06:09 EDT 2012

> Ok, I tried my old WinXP laptop as I figured there could be some
> hardware issues with the fact that I was running it under Windows XP
> booted up on my MacBook.  All of my other soundcard packet programs
> play just fine in that system.

Getting the sound card port correctly selected seems to be a bit of a
magic art.  Sometimes it takes multiple tries with different settings
on the software and the various recording input devices to get
something to happen - other times it seems to be hard to get it to
quit.  I've found that just trying things until they work - works.
Then don't touch anything...

> Both UZ7HO and AGWPE are sort of working on this laptop.  The fact
> that I can't change the PTT mode on UZ7HO has me stuck.

UZ7HO is relatively new so it might need some tweaks to cover all the
current common use cases.   Let me know what's missing and I'll post
the request if you don't want to.

>  AGWPE is
> working ok with AGWTerminal, but for some reason my JNOS immediately
> sends a response that causes AGWTerminal to say disconnected.  Also,
> when I listen to the two the JNOS sounds like it almost does not give
> AGWPE a chance to finish transmitting.  JNOS normally works fine with
> TNC's.  Not sure what the issue is.

JNOS support for the Packet Engine protocol (AGWPE) is new too.
There may be tweaks needed to finish the module...

> As far as using JNOS to attach to AGWPE or UZ7HO.  I am getting some
> mangled looking packets.  Any suggestions as to what is going on here?

Something is weird indeed.

I have to prune our little blueberry bushes (only two months late) and
then I'm going to get a session on the JNOS so I'll have another
system running and gathering data by EOD.

73,
Bill - WA7NWP