[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:38:01 EDT 2012

> Ok, Thanks, Bill.  You definitely opened up some possibilities here.
> For the time being it might require a windows box -- that is unless
> ldspeed does Winmor.

My crutch to remember the PE name :   ON7LDS Packet Engine =>   LDS
Packet Engine => LDSPE

There is a project that seems to be making good progress porting
Winmor to Linux - that could open up the use of a Nix server with
LDSPE.

There are some existing Linux sound card data engines that are worthy
of experimentation...

  fldigi
  pskmail at http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/
  multipsk - Maiko has already tried this :
http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/practical/multipsk.html

I think we all just need more time to experiment and improve on the
tools at hand...

Bill, WA7NWP

PS.   JNOS does already directly support Pactor 1 in the KAM...