[nos-bbs] Comm port

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 12:27:15 EDT 2012

Jerry:

I have never used JNOS under a windows platform, so I am not sure how to help you. (I use Linux)

One thing you can do, is if you have more than one USB port on your computer. Every time you unplug the adapter, and plug it into a different USB slot, you will get a different COM port number. If you plug it back into a port that it was once already in, you will just revert back to the COM port number that was origianlly assigned to that port.

By moving to another USB slot, you might get an unshared COM port.

Now, as mentioned by others earlier, in JNOS, I'm used to configuring a port using the TTYS# statement. (Where '#' is the COM port number)

So, in your case, you state that you get COM4.  Then your JNOS parameters might look like this:
# COM PORT 4 (external KPC3+)
#================================================
attach asy ttys4 - ax25 ax0 4096 256 9600
#
ifconfig ax0 ipaddress 44.2.14.1
ifconfig ax0 description "145.050 MHz"
ifconfig ax0 ax25 bctext "GVCITY Node - Grass Valley, Ca."
ifconfig ax0 ax25 paclen 128
pause 1
#

I hope this helps in some way