[nos-bbs] work around for these SIGABRT crashes ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Apr 18 22:50:01 EDT 2012

Anyone getting these SIGABRT crashes, which bizarrely enough
seems to be just with the WPAGES code (i don't understand why),
and possibly those running glibc 2.13 version of libraries, you
can try the following (example using bash shell) to run JNOS :

   # cd /jnos
   # G_SLICE=always-malloc ./jnos -d .

Let me know if that stabilizes things. I've been experimenting with the
public domain Doug Lea 'dlmalloc' routines lately, I may decide to give
users the option of linking them in instead of the glibc malloc stuff,
depends how much of a pain this glibc stuff becomes. It seems to be
getting more and more complicated for each release. We'll see ...

Maiko