[nos-bbs] JNOS as an Fldigi Client?

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Apr 16 11:48:35 EDT 2012

I had an idea (whether it is great or not remains to be seen).  Jnos
seems to be would be a great client for fldigi's FLARQ mode.  It is a
way for a client to utilize the soundcard and the available HF
protocols to send messages in a connected mode.  It is also native in
Linux.  See the page:

http://www.w1hkj.com/FlarqHelpFiles/flarq.html

I know Maiko has added code to support AGWPE.  However, If I
understand that program correctly, it runs on windows.  I would
imagine it would have to run on a separate windows box if JNOS is
running in Linux.

Also, I understand AGWPE supports 300bd packet.  Would this be PACTOR
or just plain old AX.25 on HF?  If so, is this efficient at all
considering QSB and QRM/N?

I am interested in encouraging emcom traffic on my BBS and I would
think this would be a great way to get a first hop out of a disaster
area on  80m with NVIS propagation.

Please feel free to chime in.

Chris