[nos-bbs] jnos 2 IP routing help request

Joey STANFORD joey at stan4d.net
Tue Apr 3 16:02:25 EDT 2012

Hi Gang,

I have a brand new JNOS 2.0j node running on a 64-bit Ubuntu Linux
machine. I used the installer to get it set up correctly.   JNOS runs
and I can ping across the tunnel to the computer.  I can ping across
the tunnel to JNOS.  I can telnet across the tunnel on the host
machine to JNOS.   Excellent, no issues there.

Here's where I'm looking for help....

1) JNOS can't ping past the host machine. I can't get to the internet
or any other machines on the intranet.  The default route in JNOS is
setup so I would assume this means that I need some sort of "ip route
add" command on the host.  ipv4.forwarding is set to true.

2) Other machines on the intranet can't ping JNOS. I suspect I need
some sort of "arp" command.

3) I need a sanity check the ip items in my autoexec.nos file please
because I played around with them a bit (they work as above but may
not be the most appropriate).

Host computer: 10.10.10.90  mask 255.255.255.0
JSOS IP: 10.10.1.1 mask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig tun0 10.10.10.90 pointopoint 10.10.1.1 mtu 1500 up

My IP fu is weak. I'm hoping we have some sys admins out there with
much greater fu than mine.

Thanks,

Joey
NV0N