[nos-bbs] JNOS2 haddress

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Wed May 18 18:03:02 EDT 2011

Greetings,

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Rob Curry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the group.  I'm setting up JNOS2 on a Ubuntu 10.4 system
> and ran across the 'haddress' option.  My question is that this
> address is a random address, like for a domain or an area?  I know to
> use the format of 'callsign.xxx.state.country.xxxx'.  What is the best
> way to configure the 'xxx' of the address?  Does it pertain to my
> area, or can it be really anything?  I've seen some different names in
> these fields on other JNOS systems.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.  If this is posted elsewhere,
> please let me know and please accept my appolgies.

mbox qth "[Ypsilanti, MI]"
mbox haddress "wb8tkl.#semi.mi.usa.noam"

   I follow the format:

      call_of_node.#quadrant_of_state.state.country.continent

   --- Jay Nugent  WB8TKL

        () ascii ribbon campaign in
        /\ support of plain text e-mail

Train how you will Operate, and you will Operate how you were Trained.
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|