[nos-bbs] B2F bulletin fixes, etc ...

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:20:52 EDT 2011

>> Did you get a solution to the multiple To: recipient issue ?
>
> The last solution I came up with is as follows :
>
>  If there is more than one 'To:', then make one of them as a 'To:',
>  and make the rest as a 'Cc:'. That way everyone gets the message
>  delivered to them. That was my focus at the time, making sure each
>  user received the message.
>
> This solution does work...

Sounds workable..

>> message can have many recipients and it could be that all but one
>> are not relevant for the host system...
>
> Please explain, I don't understand.

>From the example header, slightly modified...

>  From: SYSTEM%ve4pkt.bbs at winnipeg.ampr.org
>  To: VE3VAI
>  Cc: VE6APP, VE5MU, VE4KLM, VE4PKT, VE4KLM, VE3ZXP, VE3ZUA, VE3ZKB,
>    VE3WYE, VE3WWT, VE3WBZ, VE3VY, WA7NWP, VE3VMJ, VE3VGI, VE3VBA

You (VE4KLM) and I (WA7NWP) could both pick up the same WL2K SYSTEM
message with the same header.    While the message has a dozen or so
recipients, the one we fetch is actually only to our station (KLM or
NWP) actually picking it up.   If all the other recipients are
considered valid, you'll be generating a new NOS Email to me and the
other dozen.  Likewise I'll be generating a message to you and a
duplicate duplicate to the other dozen.  Not that this will hurt
anything and maybe there's a unique message ID that would result in
these message getting dropped as dupes at the destination.  Or folks
will just start getting multiple (two or a dozen) copies of the system
message.

Maybe we could somehow recognize that 'WA7NWP' had just polled WL2K
messages and thus any additional recipients that aren't the same as
the polling station (WA7NWP) should just be dropped.

This certainly isn't a big deal.  Very nice to have it working now.

> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

Bill - WA7NWP