[nos-bbs] headless jnos consuming 100% CPU

Kerry Smith n3nxo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 21:01:50 EDT 2011

Harry,

I myself have only seen one instance where jnos would suck up 100% of the
CPU.  The incident your saying seems to be a total different problem.
BUT, maybe to shed a little bit of light, here is the problem I had and how I
was able to correct it.

OS is Redhat 7.0.  Running nos like normal.  IF, and this is the BIG IF,
you have a port configured in the autoexec.nos file, that is going to a
comm port with a TNC, it runs fine.  BUT, take the TNC off line and forget
to detach that port, and after a day, the CPU is at 100%.  If you leave a
TNC on that port, and turn off the radio, or even remove the radio, all is fine.
It's just that if you have a port configured to a tnc, make sure the tnc is there
and it's alive, not turned off.

Kerry - n3nxo