[nos-bbs] headless jnos consuming 100% CPU

Harry Stone harrystone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:29:22 EDT 2011

When I compile JNOS with headless defined, it compiles fine and also runs
fine until I start it and then log out of the machine.  After I log out,
JNOS consumes 100% of cpu.  It seems like it still runs fine, although the
machine is bogged down.  If I log into the machine and start JNOS and stay
logged in, cpu usage is normal.  This seems to happen when it's started from
an init script at boot too, almost like it's having problems any time it's
not attached to a pty.

Is there a #define I can change in the config header to make it spit out
some debug info?  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help
troubleshoot this.  I've tested this on Slackware 13.1 and 12.2 with the
same result.  I'm using the 20i source.  The Slackware machines are using
the stock kernel from a vanilla "everything" install.

Compile without headless defined results in a binary that runs perfectly
from what I can tell.  I'm new to ham radio and packet but I've been using
linux for some time.

Thanks everyone for whatever help you can offer!

harry
KD0NFY

--
Have old memories and young hopes.