[nos-bbs] smtp gateway command

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:14:07 EST 2011

You have to set smtp usemx off so that mx record lookup is prevented so
that smtp's
are sent directly if they can be reached otherwise the smtp gateway will
be used.
Not ideal as I have found out and it can take a while before it tries
the smtp gateway
and in my experience can fail.

I think there should be a setting so that outgoing mail is always
directed to the smtp gateway
like what you can with the smtp servers in linux (exim, postfix) , no
questions asked.

73,

Bob VE3TOK