[nos-bbs] jnos smtp question

Paul Delaney - K6HR paul.hamradio at verizon.net
Sun Jul 10 11:49:10 EDT 2011

Hello Ken,

I am unable to ping your 44 address from the internet (non-ampr address).
You may have a firewall issue. This could be why you only see the SYN
received, there is no route back to the (non-ampr) source address of the
message. I see I can ping the 209.85.216.51 from your gateway but perhaps
this is because the ping originates from your machine.

My guess is that since I can ping your 44.40.1.40 from my gateway, that
messages received from an amprnet source would probably deliver OK in your
JNOS.

I would look at the firewall rules if there is a router connected in front
of your gateway. Is your gateway machine in the DMZ on your router?

Hard to say exactly without knowing more about your physical setup.

Paul Delaney - K6HR
paul.hamradio at verizon.net
http://k6hr.dyndns.org:8080