[nos-bbs] just another MRTG graph ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Jan 31 20:57:02 EST 2011

Thanks Alan,

> Having a listener is an amazing first step... Hope it goes further.

As of now, the following URL is the latest implementation :

   http://www.langelaar.net/mrtg/jnos

Note, I am now tracking tun0, encap, and my local vhf port. If you
click on any of the individual graphs, they will give the full graphs
for that particular interface.

Although with the throughput that I am dealing with here, MRTG at the 5
minute intervals is not the greatest measurement. There is a patch for 1
minute intervals as well, and there are other tools no doubt that might be
better suited for the lower traffic rates that I am seeing here.

I think the numbers you see on my graphs are a bit unrealistic for encap,
and especially the vhf port, but the more important thing was that I wanted
to demonstrate the SNMPD service that is now in the works.

Also I need to come up with a minimal MIB to support. I certainly can't
support the entire set (that's just impossible and not practical). But
it's getting there.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM