[nos-bbs] TNC Kiss Malfunction

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Mon Jan 17 20:55:23 EST 2011

Hi Bill:

I also subscribe to this list <aprssig at tapr.org> and there was recent discussion regarding the kpc3 tnc's.  The gist was that the newer kpc's become lethargic in kiss mode.  Since aprs is realtime, it became very obvious as people were tracking various stations, then there would be giant "hops".  As I recall it, the older (non +) kpc's worked okay but the later kpc+ units are the offenders.  The rule of thumb was to drop them from kiss mode (reset) daily to keep the bug from creeping in causing these very odd delays.

Hope you're able to sort out the issue.

73
Jaye, ke6sls

--