[nos-bbs] TNC Kiss Malfunction

Glenn Thomas glennt at gbis.com
Mon Jan 17 17:26:59 EST 2011

I had a not dissimilar problem with an MFJ-1270 in KISS mode. In my
case, the TNC would reset some parameters to default without regard to
what I had set. This was very annoying. MFJ at least addressed the
problem but ultimately was unwilling to spend much time identifying and
correcting the issue.

My solution was to replace the MFJ EEPROM in the TNC with a pure TAPR-II
KISS EEPROM. That sacrificed the normal TNC capability, but since I was
running JNOS, a pure KISS TNC was a "good thing".

73 de Glenn WB6W