[nos-bbs] TNC Kiss Malfunction

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 15:59:09 EST 2011

Hello:

Using JNOS version 'i' on Ubuntu 10.

I use two different Kantronics KPC3 TNC's on two different serial ports in KISS mode.

I keep getting intermitant (but frequent) issues where the TNC's get knocked out of KISS mode.

It seems to be more when there has been a shutdown and restart.  I'm not sure if it occures during the shutdown, or during the re-start.

Sometimes it only kicks one TNC, sometimes the other TNC, and on one very special time, it kicked both.

Anyone every experience this?   If so, did you ever find a cure?

Bill
KG6BAJ.