[nos-bbs] JNOS and Winlink interfacing -- close but stuck

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 14:24:06 EST 2011

Maiko & others,

I discovered what is going on..

If I try this

------------
ve3mch P
ax25 xnet ve3mch-10 ve3mch-8
ve3mch
va3tok
----------

Messages from for instance mailbox VA3TOK ("To:" address)  will always
be accepted by winlink as it is a registered user there.

BUT...

These will only be published by winlink if the "From:" is  VE3MCH
(callsign of jnos & rms)  and  NOT
if the "From:"  is from any other user at Jnos.(even if that that user
is also a registered user at winlink!)

If they are from another jnos user they are accepted by winlink but are
internally disregarded by winlink
after the fact.

jnos doesn't know and I don't know.

It is failure in the winlink protocol as it should refuse such a message
if the "From:" isn't correct.

73,

Bob VE3TOK