[nos-bbs] Configuration tool for JNOS

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:08:34 EST 2011

Any ideas or suggestions on a better configuration tool for JNOS?  (I
originally mistyped the 'better' with 'bitter' - was that a key slip
or what?)   We should be able to turn services on and off and tweak
the settings with a couple mouse clicks.  Not that the text files are
hard - there's just too much there when you have it, or it's hard to
get started when you don't have it already in the text file.

At one time I thought it would be useful to have a webmin interface
for JNOS..  Probably still would!  Maybe there's something better
already done or even some configuration management software that uses
tables to build a gui..    If nothing else, this would be a good
excuse to learn the Qt part of pyQt and build a GUI front end..

My current setup, with all the config files in ../etc and saved in
source control is working great!

73
Bill - WA7NWP