[nos-bbs] verifying operation of ports

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Thu Feb 3 17:32:10 EST 2011

Interesting idea.  It might be worth investigating the hw flow control
status/state during operations.  But even if I could establish a pattern for
DCD or RTS or whatever, I wonder if a linux script would be able to
interrogate the port status since JNOS has control of it.  Hmmm.

One thing that would be useful would be a scripting and cron ability within
JNOS.  For example, it would be simple to tell cron to run a shell script
every hour which pings a remote device and, depending on the result,
executes some action (send a message or whatever).  Is there some way to
allow JNOS to be able to use the underlying OS scripting and cron
capabilities somehow, without having to write your own shell script
processor?

Michael