[nos-bbs] please remind me of JNOS features asked for in the past ...

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Dec 20 11:56:54 EST 2011

Art,

Here's a way to do close to what you want - at least on linux :
1)  Direct your trace output to a file
2)  View the file with "tail -f <filename>" in another window

We direct the trace for each interface (either 3 or 4 on each of our BBSs)
to a separate trace file.  With the change Maiko made about a year ago, the
output to the trace file is real time.  We also do a logrotate and save the
prior 30 days of traces so we can go back and review a problem that's
reported later.   More often than not, we hear about the problem later and
this saves us from having to try to recreate the situation.  ("hey, Michael,
I had a problem with ... last night ...").  Works FB!

Michael