[nos-bbs] please remind me of JNOS features asked for in the past ...

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Dec 20 10:24:23 EST 2011

+1 vote for White Pages (can I vote more than once?!!!)

+1 vote for a "fix" to eliminate the "NOS PANIC: Keyboard lost..." error
(although we have successfully avoided the problem for a couple of years by
making sure that our terminal size is set properly before launching the JNOS
console)

Also, allow the following user environment values to be set in autoexec.nos.
We currently set these defaults in the source code to avoid problems with
Outpost PMM.  (Syntax is just an example of one possible implementation).

PROMPT X ON                   (expert mode - i.e. short prompts; currently
"X" toggles on/off in the command line)

PROMPT XA OFF              (turn off the "current area" indication;
currently, "XA" toggles on/off in the command line)

PROMPT XM 0                   (turn off paging; MUST be off for Outpost to
work)

Michael