[nos-bbs] JNOS trace for HF APRS

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:09:01 EDT 2010

Howdy all,

Our NWAPRS Summer Gathering is this weekend:   http://nwaprs.info/sg.htm )

Since I've been diving into APRS-Messenger:

   http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm

as a potential out-of-country communications application I'm going to
be sharing my experiences with it.

As it relates to HF APRS, I'd also like to show how my first exposure
to APRS was on HF using JNOS back in the old days...   I hooked the
KAM to the HF rig and monitored 10,151 for the rare HF packet.   When
I received a position I'd track down the lat/long on the handy atlas..
 It was pretty cool watching W7LUS cover the country.

So - the request at hand.   Does anybody have either an archive of old
APRS packets from HF or a live HF JNOS system where they could capture
a few of the packets?  I'd like to present a slide showing HF APRS in
the really early days...

Thanks yet again!

Bill - WA7NWP