[nos-bbs] ubuntu 9.1 compiles OK now, but...

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Nov 29 12:38:35 EST 2010

Hi Bill and others who may be interested,

Here are the three start-up scripts, plus a sample rc.local file, plus two
HOW-TO documents for starting up JNOS and using Screen and Putty.  The
"iptables.tun_config" file referenced in one of the scripts contains the
iptables rules for the tunnel between JNOS and Linux.

Logs for the scripts go to the JNOS ../logs directory so we can see if JNOS
restarted at any time and what the exit code was when it did restart.  We
use "exit 99" for manual restarts.

This lets us do two things:
1)  if we log in via the internet remotely, we can start a screen session to
access the JNOS console and restart JNOS from within the screen session
2)  if we log in via AX.25 and issue the mailbox "@"command, we can restart
JNOS with an exit code other than 0.  Example "exit 99".

Read the HOWTO Start Up JNOS.txt file first.

I don't know if this is any better or worse than the tty method described by
others.  But we did want logs to tell us when (if ever) JNOS restarts and
why.

Michael