[nos-bbs] ubuntu 9.1 compiles OK now, but...

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 26 00:13:25 EST 2010

Thanks Jim... those were my thoughts almost exactly. I can remember
reading somewhere that sudo works for a specific number of minutes
without asking again for a password, but I that's a different story. I
think what your saying is that processes started with sudo ended up
eating 100% of cpu usage over time and that jnos will do that. I haven't
noticed that (I've had jnos up for three or four days at a time), but I
have noticed in earlier kernel versions of 9.1 that udev ends up driving
the cpu to 100% over time. It depended on what was running -- the ant
with the flashlight screensaver always did that after a while. 9.04 was
fine. That all seemed to go away with later kernel updates in 9.1.

The stuff that's happening around the 'tun' device(s) is really weird,
so I'm going to see if running from and as root solves that problem.

Failing that, I do have another box (quite old) with slack 10.0 (no gui)
on it that I can try the same setup on.

Thanks for your comments,
Jerome - VA7VV