[nos-bbs] ip-ip

N0MR n0mr at lakenet.com
Sun Nov 14 23:53:54 EST 2010

I'm told ip-ip contacts to my JNOS system do not work. I don't know what is
wrong, but I can describe my setup and hope someone has a suggestion.

I'm running JNOS 2.0h. I'm running Ubuntu 8. I have a static IP on a Linksys
router with a LAN side address 192.168.0.51. The router has DMZ open to the
address of the JNOS software and ports 1 through 600 are open to that
address.

My Linux computer has an address 192.168.0.75 and JNOS 192.168.0.76. JNOS is
configured with all ports open except port 25. Port 25 is open to only two
trusted addresses. My ISP does not block any ports.

I have two ampernet AXIP ports running. I do transfer mail by telnet. I do
get rip broadcasts about every 5 minutes. Everything seems to be running
fine except I'm told my system will not accept ip-ip connections.

With that description, can anyone see any problem or suggest something that
might be missing.

Jerry, N0MR