[nos-bbs] Packet in the UK?

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Sat Jun 5 11:01:56 EDT 2010

Greetings Ian,

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

> From: Angela Scholder - M1SCH / PE1BIV <nos-bbs_mail at pe1biv.net>
> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010   Time: 14:36:28
>

> >No idea how much radio is still around, as I'm currently in NL.
> >
> >But, at  least still active are:
>
> [Snip]
>
> Hi Angela,
>
> This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
>
> Many thanks!

   We are quite active here in Michigan as well.  24 Hamgates now online,
providing an RF footprint into about 1/2 the state.   Many more Key
stations at Red Cross chapters and EOC's including the State EOC.  Many
Hamgate sites also spread further connectivity using NetROM/K-net with
some recent experimentation with HSMM-MESH.   Packet is far from dead
here!

   See:   http://www.MI-DRG.org

   Wowfully out of date, but will give you an idea...

      --- Jay Nugent  WB8TKL
          o Chair, ARRL Michigan Section "Digital Radio Group" (DRG)
            [www.MI-DRG.org}

Train how you will Operate, and you will Operate how you were Trained.
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|