[nos-bbs] attaching a remote TNC ?

Alan Sieg WB5RMG wb5rmg at somenet.net
Mon Feb 15 13:23:18 EST 2010

Very good info - Thanks Bill... I'm almost there - but not all the way.

I have AGWPE running on myNET.12 (XP), with RMSgateway & AGWterm connected.
I've compiled and activated remserial on myNET.44 (Fedora), and can see
the network sockets connected both ways. This command line to start it:
 remserial -d -r 192.168.121.12 -p 8000 -l /dev/remserial1 /dev/ptmx &
AGWPE shows the connection from myNET.44 as UNproto. So far so good (I think).

In my autoexec.nos (on myNET.44) instead of :
attach asy ttyS0 - ax25 vhf 4096 256 2400 # I changed ttyS0 to remserial1 :
attach asy remserial1 - ax25 vhf 4096 256 2400 # and JNOS has no complaints.

However, nothing seems to go either direction...
I could see this working easily with remserial at each end, dedicated TNC.
Perhaps there is additional magic I need to talk with AGWPE.
Do I still make the JNOS connection as "asy" ?
Is the AGW port an AX25 interface, or a RAW interface...

Anyone with an example config line for JNOS ..?..
  Thanks  /;^)

--
  #  Alan Sieg, WB5RMG since 1976
  #  http://wb5rmg.wordpress.com