[nos-bbs] attaching a remote TNC ?

Alan Sieg WB5RMG wb5rmg at somenet.net
Mon Feb 8 12:23:55 EST 2010

Forgive me if this has been asked too many times,
I'm relatively new again to this list and haven't yet
found all the all the right places to look for new answers . . .

Has anyone come up with a way to make use of a shared TNC
on a LAN connected computer (ie. AGWPE on an neighboring MS platform).
Seems it might be possible to access that remote KISS device via sockets.

It would be nice to have one TNC/radio on MS/AGWPE, that could also be
used by the linux/JNOS2 BBS elsewhere on the LAN.
Or perhaps better yet - have the TNC/radio on linux, sharing as does AGWPE.

Certainly would help avoid multiple TNC/radio combinations
on the same frequency.

  Thanks  /;^)
--
  #  Alan Sieg, WB5RMG since 1976