[nos-bbs] JNOS and Winlink interfacing -- close but stuck

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Dec 31 11:56:56 EST 2010

Hi John,

Looking at that configuration of forward.bbs you sent me :

>> -------------
>> wl2k P
>> ax25 rms kr0l-7
>> +>
>> *
>> .C KYWIL d
>> +Connected
>> *
>> .C RMSWIL
>> wl2k
>> -------------

I am guessing you have a couple of nodes to go through to get to the
nearest RMS packet system.

>> Are you saying that you believe that the fact that I am saying "wl2k"
>> in two places instead of wa4zko-11 is the cause of my trouble ?

Yes, and actually or what I have done *so far*, it would just be
wa4zko-11, since to be honest with you, I've never logged into JNOS
with any SSID values, a concept that I need to better understand now
that it's appearing in the winlink stuff. I'm still learning too :)

Any other NOS users done logins using non zero SSIDS ? Can you give
us your experiences please.

>> Also, I should be clear: this initial attempt is to receive a message
>> sent from the Internet to a Winlink user (me). For some, the appeal of
>> Winlink is being able to [snip] make this happen on Linux.

Okay, I missed this line completely. Sorry about that John. Willie gave
a good answer, you can try out linuxRMS if that is all you really want
out of this.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM