[nos-bbs] JNOS and Winlink interfacing -- close but stuck

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Dec 23 20:36:56 EST 2010

On 12/23/2010 04:54 PM, Maiko Langelaar wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>> I can, of course, connect to an RMS node and read mail manually.
>
> I assume over RF ?

Well, over AXUDP and a hop or two past that via UHF.  There are no RMS
nodes within VHF range out here.  (Something I will probably eventually
remedy.)

I can also telnet to server.winlink.org:8772 and get through that way,
to apparently the same system/type of system.

>> So, I've found the Winlink notes at
>> http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/JnosWL2Knotes.txt
>
> Which is pretty recent and the present way I am able to do it.

So the only difference between that and what I'm doing, that I can see,
is the underlying transport -- correct?  Once I'm logged in, what
exactly is different?  Incidentally, what does the + at the end of the
callsign in that "mbox ki" do?

> Also, you should be running the very latest JNOS 2.0i, since there
> are lots of fixes / refinements regarding the B2F / Winlink stuff.

I am.

>> Any ideas on what my next steps should be ?
>
> Don't use the forward.bbs stuff you previously mentioned. Like I
> said, it is now obsolete. Read the following article and I make
> mention of this :
>
> http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/news/11Jul2010.txt

OK, I will try and report back.  Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you
as well!

-- John